Free Early Education
All children are entitled to 15 Hours Free Early Education from the term following their 3rd birthday. So if your child is born between 1st September and the end of December, they start in January. If they are born Jan-March they start after Easter, and if they are born 1st April-end August they start in september.
In Addition some 2-Year olds are entitled to 15 hours Free Early Education. For more details please contact the nursery.
Eligibilty for 2 year olds:
A child is eligible for free education if they fall in any of the criteria below:
- They come within the criteria used to determine eligibilty for Free School Meals.
- Their families recieve Working Tax Credits and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 per year.
- They have a current statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and care plan.
- They are entitled to Disabilty Living Allowance.
- They are looked after by a local authority.
- They are no longer looked after by the local authority as a result of an adoption order, a special guardianship order or a child arrangements order which specifies with whom the child lives.
- They become become eligible the term following their second birthday.
- You can check if you are eligible online on Kent County Council's website